music box


Sunday, December 7, 2008

High Coolant Usage

Some problem is causing me to replenish the coolant of my Naza Ria every fortnight, which I find is very irregular. The authorised service centre did not give me any satisfactory answer.. irregular diagnosistic, faulty gasket, and so on. After I lodged a report, the engine is now due for a complete check-up, pending confirmation from Naza.

Secondly, I can hear some noise occasionally fom the engine while driving. My wife is driving the car to Malacca for outstation work. I will send the car for a complete engine check-up whether or not I get an approval from Naza.

Reply:
High coolant consumption does not necessarily mean there is an engine problem but it needs to be investigated. If the basic checks like leaks and radiator cap replacement do not solve the problem, then a proper diagnostic check is needed to determine if there is cylinder head leakage, i.e coolant leaking into the combustion chambers. You can also check with a dipstick to see if there is any indiaction of water droplets on the stick or the oil becoming milky.

Regarding the engine noise, it is difficult to give you an idea, as you need to actually drive the vehicle. Your suggestion to get the engine checked is correct, but make sure it is done by someone who knows what he is doing, preferably the franchise holders themselves.

No comments: