music box


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Transmission Problem

I have a 1997 Volvo 850 T5 experiencing auto transmission problems. Lately, after draining the ATF to facilitate rep;ecement of the drive shaft, I had the transmission filled with Volvo original ATF Dextron III.

Now the reverse gear won't work at all. Other gears are working fine though. I have double checked the ATF level with the engine running and it shows sufficient fluid level at the current temperature. There is no sign of oil leak.

Reply:
It appears that you did not touch the transmission at set to refill it. I think the problem may be just a stuck valve and would mean taking down the valve block and cleaning it out. It may be just dirt that has jammed a valve. I suggest hat you get someone familiar with A/Ts to have a look at it.

No comments: